Our goal is to raise the tastiest most wholesome food, harvested ripe, and delivered fresh.
Located 12 miles Southwest of Lexington, in Rockbridge County, Virginia on 125 acres owned and operated by the Wapner Family.
We use NO CHEMICAL fertilizers, herbicides, or pesticides:
We are Biological Farmers (member VABF), and are Certified Naturally Grown. We became Certified Organic in 2010
Most of our produce is from saved seed or heirloom varieties that you cannot buy in a supermarket. Our varieties are based on taste, NOT on their ability to be harvested under-ripe and transported great distances and kept for long storage times!
Our Eco-friendly philosophy of growing food means that much of our produce may not LOOK perfect, but our concern is that it TASTES perfect in addition to being free from chemicals. To do this, we concentrate on developing and maintaining healthy soil (You could say we are really "soil farmers" growing healthy soil!!). We primarily use compost as well as aged and composted manures.
Our philosophy extends to our chickens, whom roam freely by day, and are safely cooped at night. Our eggs are fertile (the roosters run with the hens) and are produced without added hormones or antibiotics.
(This listing was last updated on November 19, 2022)
Location86 Moores Creek Rd
Lexington, VA 24450
Applications for CNG Status
certified on Jun 02, 2009 |
view application |
- 11/11/21 (inspection9726.pdf - 1.3 MB)
- 7/2/20 (inspection8837.pdf - 384 KB)
- 2/7/19 (inspection7977.pdf - 35 KB)
- 9/10/17 (inspection7082.pdf - 132 KB)
- 4/18/16 (inspection5875.pdf - 431 KB)
- 10/20/14 (inspection4804.pdf - 397 KB)
- 9/27/13 (inspection3989.pdf - 256 KB)
- 4/15/12 (inspection2967.pdf - 259 KB)
- 4/6/11 (inspection2076.pdf - 522 KB)
- 7/8/09 (inspection1174.pdf - 116 KB)
grower declaration (PDF - 486 KB) - last one received on April 22, 2022