Foster Brady FarmOwner: Clay Brady
1951 Locklin Cemetery Road
Monroe, GA 30655
144 Hiawassee Ave
Athens, GA 30601
Web site: http://www.fosterbradyfarm.com
Application Date: 2020-10-04
- Your Name *
- Clay Brady
- For how many years have you managed or worked on a CNG-certified farm? *
- Since 2012, about 10 year!
- How many years of experience total do you have managing a farming operation that’s managed according to CNG/organic principles (whether certified or not)? *
- Since 2009
- Please indicate the place/s where you have farmed, including farm name, town, state, and country. *
- Foster Brady Farm is a very old family farm in Monroe, Georgia USA. The farm has been farming different things since the 1860's. Just recently in 2009 we started growing produce and decided to become CNG in 2012.
Types of Farming & Expertise
- Please check the box corresponding to the types of operations with which you have at least three years of experience.
- What type of training have you received in farming practices (on-farm and off-farm)? *
- Food safety training for handling post harvest produce PSA Growers Safety, Food safety Ruminant and Small Flock management Small Business Development, Financial and overall Business management
- Please briefly describe your experience with mentoring, training, or advising other farmers, if any.
- Over the years we have hosted many work days and workshops on the farm to expose other farmers to techniques and experts in the fields of irrigation, plant pathology, and pollinators.
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most proud of? *
- Our well rounded products and sales outlets. We sell garden plants, mushroom logs, CSA shares year round, eggs, pollinator plants, native flowers and shrubs. We have a small herd of goats and flocks of chickens that move about the farm working to build the depleted Southern soils. We present an example of a young farm that is growing the entire farm model not just produce or livestock.
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most known for? (This could be a particular crop beloved by customers or an uncommon production method that other farmers would appreciate.) *
- We always get compliments on the strawberries... always.
- What do you appreciate about Certified Naturally Grown?
- The network it helps to create. With the busy nature of a farm we as farmers would never get this chance to explore other farms in our area.
- You may use this space to tell us anything else you think we should know.