Blue Gate Farm
Blue Gate Farm provides Certified Naturally Grown, chemical free, fruits & vegetables, jams and free-range eggs, all sustainably raised and processed on our small family farm for the benefit and enjoyment of ourselves, our CSA members and Farmers Market customers.
Jill and Sean began Blue Gate Farm in 2005 to create an economically and ecologically self-sustaining homestead that provides an ongoing connection to the Beebout land for our families, our guests, and our customers. Fundamental to this vision are naturally based production methods including: composting; rotational planting & grazing methods; integrated pest management; prairie restoration; responsible timber & wetland management; limited dependence on petroleum products and public utilities; and no synthetic herbicides, pesticides or fertilizers.
Blue Gate Farm has a limited membership CSA and is a regular vendor at the Des Moines Downtown Farmers Market.
(This listing was last updated on September 17, 2022)
Location749 Wyoming St
Chariton, IA 50049
Applications for CNG Status
certified on Dec 15, 2020 |
view application |
- 5/12/22 (inspection10118.pdf - 2.6 MB)
- 12/28/20 (inspection9185.pdf - 354 KB)
- 5/15/19 (inspection8304.pdf - 759 KB)
- 11/3/18 (inspection7803.pdf - 768 KB)
- 2/5/17 (inspection6555.pdf - 139 KB)
- 9/30/15 (inspection5614.pdf - 133 KB)
- 4/24/14 (inspection4327.pdf - 399 KB)
- 4/24/14 (inspection4364.pdf - 400 KB)
- 5/8/11 (inspection4343.pdf - 452 KB)
- 9/6/09 (inspection4344.pdf - 95 KB)
- 6/8/08 (inspection4345.pdf - 56 KB)
- 6/8/08 (inspection4346.pdf - 54 KB)
- 6/18/06 (inspection4347.pdf - 41 KB)
grower declaration (PDF - 970 KB) - last one received on February 14, 2022