Green Owl FarmOwner: Suzanne Kelly
206 Mill Rd
Rhinebeck, NY 12572-2544
P.O. Box 303
Rhinebeck, NY 12572
daytime phone: (914) 489-3668
Web site: http://greenowlgarlic.com
Application Date: 2022-05-22
- Your Name *
- Suzanne Kellt
- For how many years have you managed or worked on a CNG-certified farm? *
- How many years of experience total do you have managing a farming operation that’s managed according to CNG/organic principles (whether certified or not)? *
- Please indicate the place/s where you have farmed, including farm name, town, state, and country. *
- Green Owl Farm Rhinebeck, NY USA
Types of Farming & Expertise
- Please check the box corresponding to the types of operations with which you have at least three years of experience.
- What type of training have you received in farming practices (on-farm and off-farm)? *
- Primarily self taught with workshops for specific crops (garlic, Cornell Cooperative Extension and saffron, University of Vermont)
- Please briefly describe your experience with mentoring, training, or advising other farmers, if any.
- Only through CNG
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most proud of? *
- Permanent bed, no/low till system.
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most known for? (This could be a particular crop beloved by customers or an uncommon production method that other farmers would appreciate.) *
- Saffron production and growing ginger and turmeric under Johnny's hoops.
- What do you appreciate about Certified Naturally Grown?
- Transparency and the relationships between growers built through compliance.
- You may use this space to tell us anything else you think we should know.