Nine Mile FarmOwner: Rebekah Rice
67 Nine Mile Lane
Delmar, NY 12054
daytime phone: (518) 894-8531
evening phone: (518) 894-8531
Web site: http://9milefarm.weebly.com
Application Date: 2019-12-30
- Your Name *
- Rebekah Rice
- For how many years have you managed or worked on a CNG-certified farm? *
- How many years of experience total do you have managing a farming operation that’s managed according to CNG/organic principles (whether certified or not)? *
- Please indicate the place/s where you have farmed, including farm name, town, state, and country. *
- Nine Mile Farm, Delmar NY 12054
Types of Farming & Expertise
- Please check the box corresponding to the types of operations with which you have at least three years of experience.
- What type of training have you received in farming practices (on-farm and off-farm)? *
- Co-op extension courses, micronutrient courses, organic growers conferences, women's holistic management course
- Please briefly describe your experience with mentoring, training, or advising other farmers, if any.
- I have had short (less than a month) and long term interns (up to 3 years), and also lots of volunteers from my CSA. I'm currently mentoring a pair of young flower farmers for a second year.
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most proud of? *
- I've built up the organic content of our soil from a run down clay silt with less than 2% organic matter to permanent raised beds with over 6%.
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most known for? (This could be a particular crop beloved by customers or an uncommon production method that other farmers would appreciate.) *
- We grow the MOST DELICIOUS heirloom vegetables in the area-- especially tomatoes and fully ripened peppers. And I grow GORGEOUS flowers.
- What do you appreciate about Certified Naturally Grown?
- I love the farm visits in both directions. I think that getting advice from a farmer I respect is totally awesome. And looking behind the scenes at other farms is incredibly interesting and helpful.
- You may use this space to tell us anything else you think we should know.