Little Toccoa Creek FarmOwner: Susan Caster
1517 Camp Mikell Rd
Toccoa, GA 30577
daytime phone: (404) 512-5621
evening phone: (404) 512-5621
Application Date: 2022-04-24
- Your Name *
- Susan Caster
- For how many years have you managed or worked on a CNG-certified farm? *
- How many years of experience total do you have managing a farming operation that’s managed according to CNG/organic principles (whether certified or not)? *
- Please indicate the place/s where you have farmed, including farm name, town, state, and country. *
- Little Toccoa Creek Farm Toccoa, Ga 30577 USA
Types of Farming & Expertise
- Please check the box corresponding to the types of operations with which you have at least three years of experience.
- What type of training have you received in farming practices (on-farm and off-farm)? *
- University of Georgia Cooperative Extension programs. Worked on a biodynamic farm in New Zealand in 2015. Online course on high tunnels.
- Please briefly describe your experience with mentoring, training, or advising other farmers, if any.
- Active with Northeast Georgia Locally Grown and the NGLG farmers network.
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most proud of? *
- Nurturing the soil. Encouraging biodiversity in the soil using hay cut from the pasture, leaves gathered in the woods, decomposed mushroom logs and manure from the animals.
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most known for? (This could be a particular crop beloved by customers or an uncommon production method that other farmers would appreciate.) *
- I sell a "seasonal salad mix" every week of the year which means using greens that tolerate our hot Georgia summers like magenta spreen, jewels of opar, malabar spinach, etc.
- What do you appreciate about Certified Naturally Grown?
- Love the enthusiastic staff always ready to assist farmers. Appreciate all the resources available to help me improve my practices to grow healthy food with nature.
- You may use this space to tell us anything else you think we should know.
- It's great to see all the new CNG farmers on social media. It's so encouraging to read about farmers committed to natural practices.