Produce & Flowers
Eat Your Greens! Organic FarmOwner: Christa Zuniga
daytime phone: (940) 222-5658
Web site: http://www.EatYourGreensOrganicFarm.com
Application Date: 2022-02-28
- Please briefly tell us why you are applying to be part of the Certified Naturally Grown program: *
- We believe that being a part of this organization will help us stand out from farms that do nor grow their foods naturally and in an organic manner.
- Are you currently third party Certified for your produce operation by any other organization (Organic, Biodynamic, etc)? *
- Have you ever been certified in the past? *
- Have you ever been denied certification? *
- How did you hear about Certified Naturally Grown? *
- Local Farmers in Denton
- How did you learn to farm, and for how long have you been farming for market? What has prepared you to farm successfully according to CNG standards? *
- I went to school for Agriculture and veered off for a few years and now for the last 3 years we have successfully operated our Microgreens and Chicken Eggs at Local Farmers Markets. As to the standards, we believe in transparency and working as a whole to educate and nourish people with the most sustainable and organic practices in mind.
General Farm Information
- Farm Acreage you want listed as Certified Naturally GrownTM:
- Total Farm Acreage you actually GROW on: *
- 1/2 Acre
- Number of above acreage that you own: *
- 1/2 Acre
- Number of above acreage that you lease: *
- Do you have other acreage in "Conventional" Agricultural Systems? *
- General Listed Acreage Breakdown
- Veg Crops:
- Fruit Crops:
- Other Acreage:
- Please check all items you grow and will market as Certified Naturally GrownTM *
- Please Specify Any Other Items:
- Microgreens- Young Vegetables grown to the Microgreen age of between 10 to 24 days
- Please check all markets you grow for (this will be displayed on your farm profile to help potential buyers find you). *
- Please Specify Other Markets:
- Special Events related to Health and Farming
Farmland Management and Practices
- Primary Tillage System: *
- Indoor Vertical Farm no till needed
- Do you use Cover Crops? *
- Do you use Compost? *
- Do you use Manure? *
- Please list any other brought in fertility sources that you use (specific rock powders, lime, soybean / alfalfa meal, specific purchased pre-mixes, etc)and how often it's used. If you indicate a name brand product, please also specify the ingredient/s. *
- Have any chemical fertilizers been applied to the fields you are seeking Certification for in the last three years (36 months)? *
- Have any non-acceptable pesticides and/or herbicides been applied to these fields in the last 3 years? *
- Do you use Professional Soil Testing services? *
- Describe your primary weed problems AND methods of control. Do not answer "none". You MUST indicate either actual weed challenges and/or LIKELY challenges, and you must ALSO indicate how you manage (or would manage) them. If you indicate a product, also specify how often it's used. *
- Describe your primary insect challenges AND methods of control. Do not answer "none". You MUST indicate either actual pest challenges and/or LIKELY challenges, and you must ALSO indicate how you manage (or would manage) them. If you indicate a product, also specify how often it's used. *
- We only use bug zappers that use fluorescent lighting to zap. No chemicals.
- Describe your primary disease challenges AND methods of control. Do not answer "none". You MUST indicate either actual disease challenges and/or LIKELY challenges, and you must ALSO indicate how you manage (or would manage) them. If you indicate a product, also specify how often it's used. *
- Not an issue with Microgreens, If we were to have an issue we would take all plants out and clean with non-toxic cleaners like Peroxide and replant in a clean environment. In 10 days we would be back to a full harvest.
- Please list the water source you use for crop irrigation. If source is public river, pond or lake, please note the name: *
- We use City of Krugerville Water aka Mustang Water.
- Are there any known contaminants in the irrigation water? *
- Are you a maple producer who seeks to certify your sugarbush? *
Seeds, Transplants and Buffers
- How do you select your seeds? CNG standards call for growers to make a good faith effort to locate organically grown seeds by contacting at least 3 major suppliers. *
- We purchase from True Leaf Market, Mumms Sprouting Seeds and High Mowing. All seeds we purchase are USDA Organic.
- Do you purchase or grow using any Genetically Modified seeds? *
- Do you use any chemically treated seeds in your operation? *
- Do you grow your own transplants? *
- Do you purchase potting soil, or do you mix your own on the farm? *
- What ingredients does your potting mix contain? If you purchase a mix, please also indicate which product. *
- Costco Miracle Grow Organic Choice Potting Mix- Ingredients-Sphagnum, Peat Moss, Processed Forest Products, Coir, Compost, Organic Fertilizer(Poultry Litter, Feather Mill, meat meal and Blood Meal)and Yucca
- Are all of your transplants grown according to CNG standards, without synthetic fertilizers or wetting agents? *
- If any transplants are not grown according to CNG standards, please list them here. (If they all are, put "N/A".) This produce may not be marketed as Certified Naturally Grown. *
- Do you purchase any transplants from outside sources? *
- Chemical/Spray Drift and Buffers:
- Is there any likelihood of Chemical/Spray drift contamination of your fields? *
- Do you have an adequate buffer to protect yourself from potential contamination? *
- Please describe your buffer. Be as specific as possible. On all sides, how far is it from your crops to the next closest use (road, conventional crop, residential yard)? Be sure to specify what is grown on neighboring land that is in agricultural use. For example: To the north and east, a wooded area of at least 100 yards separates us from the neighbor's corn fields, to the south is a fallow field at least 100 yards deep separating us from the road, and to the west about 60 feet separates our crops from a field where conventional corn and soybeans are grown. *
- We grow in an indoor greenhouse on Vertical Racks. We are located in The City of Krugervills we are Approimately 50 feet to the North road and 100 Feet to the nearest hom. We have an immediate neighbor to the west appx 30 feet, The east appx. 100 feet to the west. The South is about 200 feet. There is no farming on these properties besides some backyard chickens.
- Please indicate your agreement with the following statements by checking the boxes.
- I will not label, or in any way lead consumers to believe that produce not raised in accord with CNG standards is Certified Naturally GrownTM. *
- I understand that I have to complete at least one (and hopefully more) Certification Inspection(s) of another farm in my area each year, and that the inspection will NOT be of the same farmer that inspected me. *
- I have reviewed the Certified Naturally Grown certification standards, I understand them, and I will abide by them. I understand that if I have any questions I may contact CNG for clarification. *
- You may use this space to tell us anything else you think we should know about your farm:
- We only use Organic Seeds, Omri Listed Soil, and Water.